On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 09:36:05 -0500 (EST), Christopher Fisk wrote:

> In my time of using linux, I've found the easiest way to multiboot
> different distributions is to share a common /boot between them all,
> where  you put all your kernels into that partition, and have a single
> grub.conf  for everything (Which can be managed from any of the
> distributions).

The other way, which works especially well when you are continually
adding and removing distros, is to set up your main distro normally, then
install the bootloader for the other distros into the root partition of
that distro, instead of the MBR. Then you only need the following entry in
grub.conf to boot the alternate distro and nothing else on your main setup
is touched.

title Some other distro
root (hdX,Y)
chainloader +1

--
Neil Bothwick

If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?