On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 01:02:51 +0200 Antoine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| I have never really been able to work out what goes on with these
| things... FWIW, I can certainly say that more than 70% of the lists I
| subscribe to have the gentoo behaviour - and it annoys the hell out of
| me to use the others...

Gentoo lists use a mixture. User-oriented lists are reply to list only.
On technical lists you're expected to reply to the poster and Cc: the
list (and keep any existing Cc:s). It's to do with whether a
subscription is required to post...

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm