On 5/10/05, Michael W. Holdeman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 May 2005 07:11 pm, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > Brett,
> >    Thanks. Now both machines are mounting. Actually the FC2 machines
> > mount immediately. The Gentoo laptop takes about 90 seconds before it
> > mounts. I don't see any messages about what's taking so long, but at
> > least it mounts.
> You know I've been down this road... It was with my BSD server, COL and
> everytihgng mounted fine but Gentoo was a problem...
>
> I'll search through my archives tonight and see if I can find my notes...
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike. What I've found to far:

Godzilla (FC2) mounts Dragonfly immediately
Christmas (FC2) mounts Dragonfly immediately
Flash (Gentoo) always takes 90 seconds to mount Dragonfly
Dragonfly (Gentoo) mounts Dragonfly immediately.

So it seems like it's the Gentoo client over the network and not the
Gentoo server that causes the slowdown?

Anyway I'm very happy to at least have it working.

Cheers,
Mark