Grant wrote:
Out of curiosity, who here would say they have experienced any type of
emotional discrimination because they use Gentoo?  I find this in
correspondence with other Linux people sometimes.  Is Gentoo far
enough "out there" to warrant this type of attitude?  It seems like
these people are conservatives unwilling to roll with the changes to
me.

- Grant

Like a lot of the fellow repliers, I tried Suse, Red Hat, and used Mandrake for a long time.
What really gets my goat is the implied connection with users coming from Mandrake to Gentoo.
Some folks out in the wild think that mostly ex-Drakers are Gentoo-ricers. How did that
connection start? Like a fellow Gentooer said, I switched because I could finally get my programs
to compile and work as the devs intended, not fooled with idiotic distro-specific patches that
always broke stuff.
Lastly, although I run a ~x86 machine and sometime things break, I love portage and think
that is the best way to manage a Linux system period.

--
Edward A Mihalow Jr   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gentoo Linux! Registered Linux User#225662