Rumen Yotov schreef:
> Joseph wrote:
>

>>How do you replace revdep-rebuild, it is not in ebuild?
>>I solved the problem by recompiling OO from source instead of binary.
>>

> Hi,
> Revdep-rebuild is in portage-package, as '/usr/bin/revdep-rebuild'.
> It's a shell-script, no need to compile it, just to unpack/place it.
> You could copy the new one over the old one (make a backup first).
> Later check the flags/permissions etc.
> HTH. Rumen

Thanks for the info, but I notice that there's also a patch to
portage.py attached to the bug. Is it correct to just patch it with the
standard "patch -p1 blah blah blah" (patch syntax doesn't roll
trippingly off my typing finger, but I'll look it up before proceeding)?

Is this "safe" (insofar as it's patching a portage file, unlike
revdep-rebuild itself)?

Holly