On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 5:47 PM, walt <w41...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/04/2010 07:20 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:
>>
>>  keeper ~ # diff /usr/src/linux/.config /mnt/gentoo/usr/src/linux/.config
>> 4c4
>> <  # Mon Mar 29 01:02:31 2010
>> ---
>>>
>>> # Sun Apr  4 06:28:53 2010
>>
>> 893,912c893,906
>> <  CONFIG_MD_LINEAR=m
>> <  CONFIG_MD_RAID0=m
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> Interesting thread, and I'm learning a lot from following along.  I know
> very little about raid so I can benefit from nearly any question.
>
> Just one suggestion about diffs, though.  Most people who post and/or test
> patches will expect the 'unified' diff format, which is generated by using
> 'diff -u'.  Much easier for humans to parse.

Walt,
   Good to know about the diff stuff. I hope I can remember that next
time. Glad if this thread can help others, either now or in the
future.

   I do intend to follow up with the mdadm guys about the actual
metadata requirements when I get a chance.

   I'm just finishing emerge -DuN @world on the new RAID build. Fast
with an 8 core processor and Enterprise class RAID drives. Can hardly
wait for the big 12 core machine with two RAIDs in it to start
running.

Cheers,
Mark