On 05/04/2010 00:12, Mark Knecht wrote:
1) If you don't specify metadata then you get the newest - I think
that's currently ver. 1.2 or something.

Interesting. I suppose that might be a change in mdadm-3.0 (a version which I have yet to use to create any new arrays). However, that would contradict the man page which still says:

"0, 0.90, default"

2) I tried 1.0 this morning (shown below) which didn't fix it.

Right. Any version above in the 1 series (1, 1.0, 1.1, 1.2) will not work. I'm certain that reverting to the original format is going to resolve the issue and that we've just been barking up the wrong tree(s) hitherto.

--Kerin