On Tuesday 2010-05-18 21:33, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>Am 18.05.2010 20:57, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
>
>> On the other hand I would like to get that done right, sure.
>>
>> Any howto without pmt-ehd that would keep me safe from newlines etc
>> (btw. there were NO newlines in that hexdump-output)?
>
>Created a new encrypted LV and used "--key-file=-" as mentioned in:
>
>http://pam-mount.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=pam-mount/pam-mount;a=blob;hb=master;f=doc/bugs.txt
>
>Still no success with 2.x ...

Debugging preexisting containers is hard (because people usually don't
share that.)

Since you are starting with a blank one, I would love to see your
failing testcase -- i.e. sequence of shell commands to trigger the
unanticipated behavior, such as the existing testcases in
src/t-crypt:

  echo that | openssl whatever
  cryptsetup luksFoo,Format,Open that.
  mkfs
  cryptsetup luksClose
  mount.crypt -o [...]

It does not need to follow t-crypt's style, just the sequence alone
is good.