Grant Edwards wrote:
On 2010-09-30, Dale<rdalek1...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Grant Edwards wrote:
<<  SNIP>>
Whatever's generating the HTML/CSS for the Gentoo manual web pages
does know the difference, and should be able to do The Right
Thing(tm). The manual HTML is definitely machine-generated, but I
can't tell you by what at this point, so I can't offer a specific
fix...

Maybe what needs to happen is this.  Find the person that is "in the
know" on the Gentoo docs, give them a OLD 12" monitor to help do the
pages with.
and some OLD eyes with which to look at the monitor -- that way they
set their browser sup with larger fonts for the low-contrast
blue-on-blue blocks. :)

What really needs to happen is for me to file a bug report against the
documentation (assuming this hasn't already been filed as a bug and
been resolved as "won't fix").  I'll put that on my list of things to
do...

Your eyes as bad as mine? My glasses are 3 years old and I really need some new ones.

One good thing tho, at least they didn't decide to put dark blue text with a black background. There are sites that do that. I guess they want the old farts like us to go away. lol It generally works too.

I wouldn't expect a quick fix but maybe it will be something that they can work on over time. I don't think there is a lot of people that do doc work. It does need to be brought to their attention tho. If they don't know it is a problem for some of us, they certainly won't work on it then.

Post a link when you file it.

Dale

:-)  :-)