On 2010-09-30, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Grant Edwards wrote:
>> On 2010-09-30, Darren Kirby<bulli...@gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> I'm not seeing a problem here. Sure, the lines are long but my screen
>>> is large and my resolution is high. A quick play with firefox and konq
>>> shows that the text reformats itself quite elegantly when you resize
>>> your browser window to say, 2/3 of screen width.
>>>
>> I'm using firefox, and the text doesn't reformat for me.  I just end
>> up with a change in the size of the horizontal scrollbar.  Are you
>> sure you're looking at the same pages I was talking about?
>>
>>    http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?full=1
>>

> The link above works fine although a bit wide.  No horizontal scrollbar.

And what happens when you narrow the window to say 2/3 of that width?
Do the text paragrphs reformat to the new width, or do you just end up
with a scrollbar and paragraphs that you have to scroll right to read?

>>    http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/handbook/?part=1&chap=2
>>

> This one has a horizontal scrollbar but only adjust about a half inch or
> so.   It almost fits.

Are the text paragraphs re-wrapped as you narrow the window?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! My BIOLOGICAL ALARM
                                  at               CLOCK just went off ... It