On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Grant Edwards
> <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've noticed recently that the Gentoo handbook web pages are
>> ridiculously wide. (It seems to me that they didn't used to be, but I
>> wouldn't swear to that).
>>
>> For example, look at this page:
>>
>>  http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/handbook/?part=1&chap=2
>>

> I'll admit that a couple of times I've found this frustrating but not
> enough that I'd ask anyone to change things.
>
> I think the frustration, candidly, is that the web page programming
> doesn't allow me to narrow the page as much as I might like and still
> read the text. Sometimes I just want the browser to cover 1/2 the
> screen, so that might be 600 pixels or so. Or maybe this is a Firefox
> thing, not sure.
>
> Anyway, I understand your point.
>
> - Mark

OK, well this is getting weird because that is exactly the behavior I
am seeing from both firefox and konqueror...it would appear I'm the
only one?

To be absolutely clear: When I resize the windows the text reformats
itself on the fly from wide short paragraphs to narrow long
paragraphs. No horizontal scroll bar which I agree is beyond annoying.
This is the behavior I see from pretty much all well-designed web
pages, and I rather thought it was default.

Support the mob or mysteriously disappear...
I'm on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/badcomputer/