Teemu Vartiainen wrote:
2010/11/28 Dale<rdalek1...@gmail.com>:
Dale wrote:

GIGABYTE GA-770T-USB3 AM3 AMD 770 USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard.  The only
thing I don't like about this is that it doesn't have a com port for my
UPS.  I guess a adapter will be found somewhere.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103675

I was diggin around for some more info on this mobo.  I found this on the
website:

Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please
download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party website.

This chipset is supported right?  From what I found, it uses the standard
SATA drivers but want to make sure.  Searching with google returns some old
problems but I couldn't find anything recent.  Is it working fine now?

Thoughts?

Dale

:-)  :-)

I'm not sure about that older chipset (770) but i have MSI 890GXM-G65
mobo and that works fine.

Vartsu

I found some people with problems when I was googling around but most were older posts. I sort of figure things got fixed and that is why I was not finding anything recent. I would really not want to buy this stuff and then find out the chipset wasn't supported for some reason or other.

I would assume then that the 770 is fine since the one you have is newer and works fine.

Thanks for the info.

Dale

:-)  :-)