Dale wrote:

> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153116
>
> Thermaltake TR2 TRX-650M 650W ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V Power supply.  I
> like this brand and would like to stay with this but if the price is
> right, I could be tempted to change my mind.  My biggest question on
> this, can this handle this mobo, CPU, video card and 3 to 4 drives
> including a DVD burner?
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103644

I saw that you already bought it. It's a below average product. Should
still work fine for this system.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371021
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151095
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207007

All of these are superior products with great prices. If one can get the
rebate the last one is a steal.

> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118056
>
> ZALMAN CNPS10X FLEX CPU Cooler.  This thing got good reviews and it is
> not priced to high.  According to the searches I have done this will
fit
> the mobo/CPU and should fit in the case.  Any disagreements on this?

Zalman's cooler is a good one but the one I listed in a prior thread is
cheaper. Performance is similar. This one of course doesn't need a fan
and will be silent.

> Crucial Ballistix 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3
12800)
> Desktop Memory.  According to newegg this fits the mobo.  Agree?

Yes a good one. If you don't need the fastest you can get a cheaper kit :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820144478

However no objection to Crucial.

> I only plan to build one or the other not both.  I would like to make
> sure everything should fit fine but I would also like to get a opinion.
> I would like a opinion on whether build #2 would be better in the long
> run?  It appears to be a bit faster although the price is not much
> different.  Build #1 is $611.92.  Build #2 is $637.92.  That doesn't
> include shipping but a lot of the items have free shipping anyway.
> Basically, I need this to last me several years since I can't afford to
> rebuild every few years.  Also, one reason for the HUGE CPU cooler, I
> run folding in the winter.  Helps heat the place up a bit.  lol  My
> current rig with a Volcano 12 runs at about 90F at full load.  I would
> like to run pretty close to that since it just makes the CPU last
longer.

> I'm open to ideas, discussion, problems and opinions.  I mostly want to
> make sure each build will work and which I should build.
>
> Thanks for your time and replies.  If you need more info, let me know.

The rest is good to great but that PSU is ....