On 11/28/2010 07:39 PM, walt wrote:
On 11/27/2010 11:17 PM, App Deb wrote:
On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 2:13 AM, Nikos Chantziaras<rea...@arcor.de>
wrote:
On 11/28/2010 01:03 AM, Stroller wrote:

On 27/11/2010, at 10:22pm, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

The ck patch set does not support group scheduling anyway;

Now I'm a little more confused. Does `ionice` need the CFQ scheduler?

Nope. I/O scheduling priorities are part of the I/O scheduler, not
the CPU
scheduler.

CFQ is the official I/O scheduler.

ionice only works with CFQ.

I'm confused about which of all these various mechanisms apply to
single-cpu
machines. AFAICT Con's BFS (e.g.) is really a CPU scheduler and doesn't
affect
single-cpu machines very much.

The scheduler affects every system. Single-CPU systems also need to schedule processes.

Anyway, did the ck kernel help in some way with your problem?