Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Sun, 09 Jan 2011 14:51:33 -0600, Dale wrote:

Well, I have to say that for the moment, the old grub is working fine
here.  Just like ntp, that may change next week.  I just wonder how
much longer it will take before they get it stabilized and expect
everyone to switch to it?  From my understanding, they are not doing
much with the old grub now so it should be to far off.
What is there to do with it? It's a bootloader that boots and loads, what
more do you want?

No longer updated can mean broken, but it can also mean finished.

My point was, if something changes and it no longer works, then we may all have to switch. According to the website, nothing much is being done with the old grub.

I want to wait until either the old grub doesn't work for me or the new grub is known to be stable and has got all the kinks worked out. Even then, I may wait until I have a issue or the old grub leaves the tree. I seem to recall hal was stable and worked for most people too. It just didn't work here for me.

When is the last time a package was finished never to be changed again? I have never seen that from any program. There is always something new, some better way to do things or just some little tweak to improve things.

Dale

:-)  :-)