Nuno J. Silva wrote:
At least in UNIX-like systems, one can always have a separate /boot in
ext2, and use other filesystem everywhere else. It makes a grub update
less urgent.

Also, if they change - again - the way hard drives are accessed, just
because some "oh, 8GiB is so big, no disk will ever be that large"
barrier was hit, people may need some fix to access a kernel which is
129 PiB away from the first block.

I just learned a long time ago to never say I am done with anything. We never know what will happen that makes us go back and fix something else. I find this really applies to computers a lot. They always improving things on puters.

Dale

:-)  :-)