On Tue, Feb 08 2011, Neil Bothwick wrote:

> On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 12:37:41 +0100, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
>
>> > Don't install glibc-2.13 if you either use prelinking or run postfix.
>> > After testing it on my netbook, which uses neither, I installed it on
>> > my
>> > desktop and home server and broke both.
>>
>> Has anybody tried this
>> http://psykil.livejournal.com/340806.html
>
> That's the fix for the prelinking problem, which is covered in more
> detail in the forum thread it links to, especially how to recover when
> you get a kernel panic.
>
> The postfix issue is separate and needs a glibc downgrade to fix.

I am not sure I understand.  I did the glibc upgrade and have not
downgraded.  I run postfix and my mail is coming and going.  I had
thought/hoped that postfix does work with the new glibc if you don't do
prelinking (which is my configuration: 2-13 glibc, postfix, no prelink).

If glibc-2.13 kills postfix w/o prelinking then perhaps, I am just lucky
and my overall configuration is such that it "works for me".  I am
assuming that a glibc fix will be forthcoming quickly so am not anxious
to downgrade, but am even less anxious to have postfix suddenly stop
working.

Thanks for keeping us informed.
allan