On Wed, 09 Feb 2011 00:03:36 -0500, Allan Gottlieb wrote:

> > The postfix issue is separate and needs a glibc downgrade to fix.
>
> I am not sure I understand.  I did the glibc upgrade and have not
> downgraded.  I run postfix and my mail is coming and going.  I had
> thought/hoped that postfix does work with the new glibc if you don't do
> prelinking (which is my configuration: 2-13 glibc, postfix, no prelink).
>
> If glibc-2.13 kills postfix w/o prelinking then perhaps, I am just lucky
> and my overall configuration is such that it "works for me".

I think you're lucky, as is Volker. A number of people, me included, have
had Postfix fail with

postfix/local[4452]: fatal: unable to determine open file limit
postfix/master[4001]: warning: process /usr/lib/postfix/local pid 4452 exit
status 1
postfix/master[4001]: warning: /usr/lib/postfix/local: bad command startup --
throttling

Prelinking is not involved, so it must be down to how you have configured
Postfix, probably the local delivery settings.