On Thu, March 24, 2011 1:19 pm, Pandu Poluan wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 18:21, J. Roeleveld <jo...@antarean.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, March 24, 2011 10:36 am, Pandu Poluan wrote:
>>> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 15:32, J. Roeleveld <jo...@antarean.org> wrote:
>
> -- snip --

>>> Can't hurt to try, now that I've gotten a bootable kernel. Can always
>>> fallback to the previous one.
>>
>> Let me know how that goes.
>>

> Compiling all the <M> into <*> still results the same *sigh*

Ok, then we'll need to look into things that are not added at all.

The following might be the one you're missing:
CONFIG_XEN_KEYBOARD=y

It is in my config, but not in yours.

> I also tried your .config ( make oldconfig && make menuconfig &&
> genkernel --oldconfig bzImage && genkernel --oldconfig initramfs ),
> and something strange happened:
>
> The VM seems to be starting... then ended immediately. But no error
> message at all.

Could have a few reasons:
- I have the "compatibility" for xen reduced to 3.4 or higher. Not sure
which xen-version is included in yours.
- I do not have support for an initramfs or similar in there
- I specified the CPU-type in the kernel (It's not a generic one)

Did you check the logs for xend, system (messages) and others?

>>> hardened-sources-2.6.36-r9 IIRC
>>>
>>> Hmmmm... there are *lots* of options in your config that I don't see in
>>> mine.
>>
>> Can you add a list of the ones you are missing?
>>

> Um... lots. I'll attach the last config I've tried.
>
>>> Could it be because of the "hardened" sources?
>>
>> My guess is, because you're not having the xen-patchset in the kernel.
>> Can you try the xen-sources to see if that helps?
>> Then we can work our way through the missing options.
>>

> Okay, emerging xen-sources now... this will take some time. I'll post
> after testing again.

Looking forward to the result.

--
Joost