Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Thu, 07 Apr 2011 05:22:41 -0500, Dale wrote:

I want to do it this way because I don't trust LVM enough to put my OS
on.  Just my personal opinion on LVM.
This doesn't make sense. Your OS can be reinstalled in an hour or two,
your photos etc. are irreplaceable.

It does to me. I want to keep things so that if there is a problem, I know how to fix it or can at least get to a point that I can get help on it. If LVM fails and I can't boot, then I loose everything on LVM because I would have to reinstall from scratch. If it fails just on my data stuff, I can get help and fix it because I can still boot up and get to my email program. Also, I have the important stuff backed up to DVD. I would only loose things that I can download again. I would just rather avoid that and I'm sure AT&T would agree. That's a lot of downloading.

Dale

:-)  :-)