Paul Hartman wrote:
On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Dale<rdalek1...@gmail.com>  wrote:
I notice a really long list of things when I do this:

eselect bashcomp list

Is there a way to just enable them all?
The wiki has a bunch of info, including a command to set them all at
once. I've pasted it below, but e-mail formatting may ruin it.
http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/TAB-Completion

(quote)
If you want to enable all Bash tab-completions available for your system, type:

     if using eselect (just remove the --global option if you don't
want to enable them globally):

( shopt -s extglob; eselect bashcomp list | while read -r s; do
s="${s##*][[:space:]]}"; [[ $s != Available* ]]&&  eselect bashcomp
enable --global "${s%%?([[:space:]]\\*)}"; done )

Remember, for the changes to have an immediate effect, issue the
following command:
source /etc/bash/bashrc
(unquote)

I was just starting to use the wiki when it crashed long ago. After that, lots of stuff was missing so I haven't been back in a while. I mostly learn off this list. I don't even go to the forums much any more.

Looks like it would have a ALL option to me.  ;-)

Thanks for the link.  It is in process as I type.

Dale

:-)  :-)