Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 13:51:55 -0500, Dale wrote:

It is a good point.  I would like to be able to give some more details
other than when I try to download a file in Firefox or Seamonkey, I get
a kernel panic.  That's not really a lot of info to give them and I'm
not sure what they could do with the little info.  Since it is using
the network, is it a nic driver?
Do you have another NIC you could try, one with a different chipset?

I'm thinking about trying that next. I just hate to bust the sides off both rigs. It would be my luck I would do something to break them both. o_O

I'm not sure it is the nic tho. It downloads just fine when emerge is fetching files. I'm not saying it isn't tho. I really don't know what it is. I'm also keeping in mind that the nic is built onto my mobo. I have never had good luck with a built in nic. On my old rig, it never worked right. That's why it has cards in it too.

It's on the todo list of things to try.  Just getting my nerve up.

Dale

:-)  :-)