Hi, Alex.

On Mon, Sep 05, 2011 at 11:34:22PM +0200, Alex Schuster wrote:
> Graham Murray wonders:

> > Has the libreoffice ebuild suddenly developed stability problems? Today
> > is the 4th time in five days that my daily ~x86 emerge uD world has
> > rebuilt libreoffice. On 1st Sept it was because of a use flag change,
> > then the next day a new version was put in the tree, then there was an
> > -r1 release and today there is yet another use flag change.

> Same here on ~amd64. The last change is that cups is mandatory now, so
> the cups USE flag has been removed.

What???  I run lprng on my machine, not cups.  Does that mean that
libreoffice will be broken the next time I update?  Please tell me I've
misunderstood what you've just said.

Just to make things clear, I utterly detest cups, with its arrogance, its
wierd, non-standard, and its non-text-based configuration.  Surely I'm
not going to be faced by the choice of abandoning libreoffice or using
cups?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).