Neil Bothwick writes:

> On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 11:12:08 +0200, Alex Schuster wrote:
>
> > Printing is one thing that just seems to work much better on Windows.
> > This is becoming better, it looks like the LibreOffice and Firefox
> > print dialogs allow to set print features like the resolution. But
> > other applications, like Konqueror, do not have this option, so I have
> > multiple printers configured in order to select the resolution.
>
> You can do it, but the option is fairly well hidden. In the print
> window, select Properties, then the Advanced tab. Double-click the
> resolution and it turns into a drop-down menu.

Yikes. I wondered why I see these options, but they did not look like I
could modify them. I only had a quick look, I don't think I ever printed
something with Konqueror, so it never was a real problem for me.

> I think this system was designed by the previous owner of my house, who
> put light switches inside cupboards.

Hmmm... weird, but I sort of like that. Gives your house a special touch.
How cool is this, a visitor asks you to turn on the light, and you say
'Sure!', open the cupboard, reach behind the onions and <click> there
will be light.

        Wonko