On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Grant Edwards
<grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011-09-06, Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 12:25:22 +0100, Stroller wrote:
>>
>>> Isn't CUPS really bug and bloaty and horrible?
>
> It's definitely huge.  It does however seem to work pretty well.

Maybe I'm just naïve, but how a daemon of 9.33 Mb it's now considered
bloated? It takes 54 Mb of memory (virtual size, so it includes shared
libraries), which is less than 5% in a 1 Gb RAM system (which is
little by today standards).

If you are planning on installing LibreOffice, I think the "bloat" of
CUPS is negligible. Specially if, as I said, it usually just works.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México