On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I seem to have good luck with WD and Maxtor myself.

Seagate and Western Digital have bought (or are in process of buying)
all of the other HDD manufacturers, except for Toshiba.

Seagate = Conner, Quantum, Maxtor, Samsung
Western Digital = Hitachi (= IBM)

Toshiba still stands alone, as far as I know, but they don't compete
in the consumer HDD market so, for your purposes, they don't exist
(unless you're building a large and expensive SAS array in your
house). :)