J. Roeleveld wrote:
On Mon, November 7, 2011 1:32 pm, Dale wrote:
<SNIP>

I looked for such a option but I can't find it anywhere.  It may be
there but I can't find it.  Since it is working and the AHCI controller
sees the drives, I'm going to leave well enough alone.
I checked my desktop at home last night and the disks are only shown for
AHCI. The BIOS doesn't see anything. (All connected to SATA)

Then I guess it is working as it should.  Whew !

I also rebooted to the NEW sysrescue stick and cfdisk worked fine.  It
displayed all the drive partitions and other info just like it should.
I guess there was something off with cfdisk on the stick.
Probably :)

All this from a raccoon knocking out power.  Pesky critter.
Raccoons are doing some behaviour studies in your area, didn't you get the
memo? :)

--
Joost

The only report that raccoon will give is a bright flash of light. Shorting out 250,000 volts sort of puts a period on the end of the briefest report there has ever been. Those lines are the TVA lines that come from a few hundred miles away. There is no telling how much power comes through those lines either. Heck, even one amp is a lot.

That raccoon better get a new plan. The current one is shockingly the wrong way to do it. lol Plus I hate when the lights go out. Winter is about here and we have electric heat. :/

Dale

:-)  :-)