On Friday 06 Jan 2012 15:57:40 James wrote:
> Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > Maybe you can try creating another akonadi resource similar
> > to the one your using and see if it works.
>
> OK, I'm game. Not sure how to do this; googling leaves
> me more confused.
>
> Got a few instructions on a reference for this?

Try Settings/Configure and then add new account, or fire up kcmshell4
kcm_akonadi and add resources as desired.

However, as the e-news item says KDEPIM 4.7 is really borked right now.

Most people have recommended to move to T'bird, Claws, or mutt.  Having wasted
more than a day to make the mess (that KDE is fast descending into) work in
any acceptable fashion, I have stopped using KDEPIM on that box and masked it
from infecting any of my remaining boxen.  When I learn to use mutt
(unfortunately learning how to use it efficiently is still standing between me
and my messages) I will stop harbouring hopes for KDE forking into some light-
version DE, with no databases, file indexers or any other such bloat that
reminds me the worse of MSWindows, only more buggy!
--
Regards,
Mick