On Wednesday 11 Jan 2012 12:14:18 Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 09:20:06AM +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> > On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 22:53:48 +0000, Mick wrote:
> > > I did not yet try deleting akonadi db and nepomuk and trying
> > > re-importing everything.  I'm not sure if it is even worth it to bother
> > > with KDE anymore.
> >
> > You'd get rid of the whole of KDE just because the mail client sucks?
> >
> > You know, you can run non-KDE software on KDE :P
>
> Plus, KDE without akonadi took less than 100 MB of RAM after login in a
> test installation I did on a netbook. Even KDE3 startet at 120 back in the
> days. Unfortunately, a number of other useful programs depend on akonadi,
> such as KAlarm and even Akregator.

Well, I'm not using the whole KDE environment on my machine, only certain
applications.  Kmail and Konqueror are the must haves for me.  My wife uses
the full KDE and I'll have to break the news to her that Kmail which she
prefers to T'bird may no longer be usable.  I do hope things improve with
Kmail.

Meanwhile, I'll put some more effort into configuring and learning how to use
mutt.
--
Regards,
Mick