On Monday 09 Jan 2012 16:38:52 James wrote:
> Mick <michaelkintzios <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > Try Settings/Configure and then add new account, or fire up kcmshell4
> > kcm_akonadi and add resources as desired.
>
> I had to use the settings->configureKorganizer->calenders
> and then put the explict path into the config menu
>
> ~/.kde4/share/apps/korganizer/std.ics
>
> to get the calender to show up. then select
> the box in lower lefthand corner as suggested.
>
> Never had to do that before.
>
> > However, as the e-news item says KDEPIM 4.7 is really borked right now.
>
> YEP!
>
> > Most people have recommended to move to T'bird, Claws, or mutt.
>
> Tbird ++1!
> great, easy, universal (doz) .....

I don't blame you!  I've emerged KDEPIM-4.7.4 on my test box and it continues
to be broken - badly.

The pop3 messages are self-duplicating and the imap4 messages inbox is always
empty ...

I did not yet try deleting akonadi db and nepomuk and trying re-importing
everything.  I'm not sure if it is even worth it to bother with KDE anymore.
--
Regards,
Mick