On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 09:20:06AM +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 22:53:48 +0000, Mick wrote:
>
> > I did not yet try deleting akonadi db and nepomuk and trying
> > re-importing everything.  I'm not sure if it is even worth it to bother
> > with KDE anymore.
>
> You'd get rid of the whole of KDE just because the mail client sucks?
>
> You know, you can run non-KDE software on KDE :P

Plus, KDE without akonadi took less than 100 MB of RAM after login in a test
installation I did on a netbook. Even KDE3 startet at 120 back in the days.
Unfortunately, a number of other useful programs depend on akonadi, such as
KAlarm and even Akregator.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
I forbid any use of my email addresses with Facebook services.

Mankind’s most thruthful word is: perhaps.