Actually, it's just the words "purple RAIN" with e/a/I replaced with 3/4/1;
I chose l33t-sp33k since I figured it was so over-used for password
generation that everyone would recognize it immediately :) But yes, I think
Randall's point is much the same as yours: once the cracker tools "figure
out" this pattern of character replacements it becomes significantly less
secure. I'm just curious if there are any real metrics as to "how much less
secure" that is...

(Clearly my pop culture reference was too obscure, or you'd also have picked
up on the connection between the four random words. :) )

--K