Dale wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Well, it appears we got the init thingy working.  I'm about ready to
> move things around since one of my drives is about full and I need a
> spare to move things around with.  I use cp -a to copy things while
> booted from a USB stick do hicky.  So far, that has always worked and is
> pretty fast.  I do have a question tho.
>
> When I copy this over, do I still need to copy over null, console and
> such to /dev?  I know I don't need everything in /dev but do recall
> needing those in the past.  Has this changed since I'm using the init
> thingy?  Am I forgetting one?  I thought there was three.
>
> Anything else that could be a gotcha?  I plan to move this twice.  Once
> to the spare drive, repartition the OS drive then copy things back over
> again.  It's been a while and with LVM about to be used, I hope it is
> the last time.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)

One more question.  Currently /usr is on / and that is the way it was
when I built the init thingy.  Do I need to rebuild the init thingy so
that it knows /usr is on a separate partition and will mount it or will
it know that when it reboots?

Thanks again for all the help.  Already headed off a couple problems.

Dale

:-)  :-)

how you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output?  Hint: