120513 Alex Schuster wrote:
> I'm using the new udev with a separate /usr partition ...
> after an unclean shutdown
> -- reading files in /proc/<pid>/ was not a good idea --
> /usr wants to be fsck'ed. But it is already mounted at that stage.
> Maybe I should just enlarge my root partition and move /usr there

Did you see my description of how I did that ? -- see list 120506 .
The actual process took me  2 h 30 m , but preparations spread out longer.
Everything else is working just as before,
but I don't have to bother ever about Initramfs (whatever that is : smile),
& can update Udev without any worries when it becomes stable.  HTH

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca