On 26-May-12 22:01, Dale wrote:
Jarry wrote:

after updating baselayout from 2.0.3 to 2.1-r1 /run is mounted
as tmpfs. But I can not find any mount-option for controlling
how much memory is (or could be) used for it.

Filesystem     1K-blocks    Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs            8223848     224   8223624   1% /run

I know it does not use 8GB right now, yet I'd like to reduce
it to some lower value, not half of my physical memory.
How can I do it? Can I simply add line in fstab like:

none /run tmpfs size=128m 0 0         ???

Jarry

Holy smoke !  Mine is doing the same thing.
tmpfs                   7.9G  260K  7.9G   1% /run

But I also have this:
tmpfs                   7.9G     0  7.9G   0% /var/tmp/portage

So, between those two, I could run out of ram since I have 16Gbs.

There is now TWO people that needs a answer to this question.  Why does
it need that much anyway?  It looks to me like a few hundred Mbs, like
Jarry posted, would be plenty.  Jeepers creepers.  lol

Dale

I suppose default size for tmpfs is half of physical memory,
if it is not configured somewhere else.

BTW, is there any way to turn this great feature off?
What is it good for? I do not see any advantage in having
/run on tmpfs...

Jarry