On Sat, 26 May 2012 22:08:48 +0200, Jarry wrote:

> I suppose default size for tmpfs is half of physical memory,
> if it is not configured somewhere else.

It is, but that is the default maximum size, a tmpfs filesystem uses
only as much memory as its contents require.

> BTW, is there any way to turn this great feature off?
> What is it good for? I do not see any advantage in having
> /run on tmpfs...

It makes sure that /run is available and writeable early in the boot
process, whereas /var/run may not be and / may be mounted ro.

--
Neil Bothwick

Of all the people I've met you're certainly one of them