On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 17:45:34 -0700, walt wrote:

> > http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GRUB2_Quick_Start
>
> Thanks for the tip.  /etc/make.conf strikes me as an odd
> place to put settings that apply to only one package.

How about

VIDEO_CARDS - only used by xorg-drivers
LIRC_DEVICES - only used by lirc
SANE_BACKENDS - only used by sane
CAMERAS - only used by (lib)gphoto
APACHE2_MODULES - you get the idea by now
QEMU_SOFTMMU_TARGETS
QEMU_USER_TARGETS
FOO2ZJS_DEVICES
DRACUT_MODULES
CALLIGRA_FEATURES

These are all use-expanded variables, so make.conf is the most logical of
the existing locations to include them. In some ways, a directory
in /etc/portage (something like package.conf) would make more sense, now
that there are so many more of these. Incidentally, all of these are in
my current make.conf

--
Neil Bothwick

Shell to DOS... Shell to DOS... DOS, do you copy? Shell to DOS...