Am 02.07.2012 13:27, schrieb Hinnerk van Bruinehsen:
> On 02.07.2012 13:09, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>> Am 02.07.2012 11:34, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
>
>>> Runs OK now. Gotta check the advantages now.
>
>> One issue:
>
>> I had to set
>
>> GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_UUID=true
>
>> in /etc/default/grub
>
>> because at boot-time I always hit a nasty issue around blkid.
>
>> It can't find libgcc_s.so.1 somehow. I rebuilt buysbox,
>> util-linux, genkernel ... bla ... didn't fix it. Might have to do
>> with gcc-4.7.1 or something?
>
>> dunno. I googled around but didn't really find something
>> fitting.
>
>> Ideas, anyone?
>
>> Otherwise the migration was quite OK for me ..
>
>> Stefan
>

> I've successfully build (and installed) grub-2.0 with gcc-4.7.1
> (hardened, not vanilla) and UUID works for me. Have you tried
> revdep-rebuild/ emerge @preserved-rebuild ?

The question is, where does that blkid come from? busybox? Inside the
initramfs? (I also rebuilt that initramfs, just in case)

I *assume* it can't access that library because it is located on /
which might not yet be mounted at that time?

My / is located on /dev/md0, and also contains /boot.

In the booted system blkid works just fine.

I don't really need UUID working, but it would be fine to debug this,
just to know about the issue.

Stefan