Volker Armin Hemmann writes:

Am Dienstag, 28. August 2012, 22:57:43 schrieb Alex Schuster:

This sucks. Is it a faulty board again? Is something (the PSU?) killing
the board once I turn the thing on? What will happen when I have the
next board and try again? Argh.

so - instead of changing the PSU, the obvious culprit, you got a new board AND
USED THE SAME PSU?

YEAH :) Thinking about this now, yes, it would have made sense to test with another PSU first. But it wasn't so obvious to me, I simply thought I had bad luck with a bad board, that died. Happens.

I am just saying - one faulty PSU fried three of my boards. Enermax... will
never buy again.

So - instead of changing the PSU, the obvious culprit, you let it fry another board, and then... yet another one? Just saying :)

I once had the opposite problem, a mainboard seemed to kill PSUs. That was weird.

The fans spin, so not all hope is lost. Keyboard, ps/2? usb?

It's a PS/2 keyboard.

But before you do anything else, change the PSU.

I tried another one this morning, same problems. I guess the board is fried. So I'll order another one, and this time use another PSU.

Wow, they say it will take 2-3 weeks. So I'll see if there's another board that will fulfill my needs... and there is. Radeon 3000 instead of 4250, and I remember having big trouble with my last Radeon 3250 system... and no eSATA which I probably wouldn't miss anyway, but it also has no PATA at all. I can (and have to) live with this it seems, but it's somewhat inconvenient.

        Wonko