On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 20:27:05 +0100, Mick wrote:

> > It is also stated in the emerge output that you need to add
> > udev-mount to the sysinit runlevel.
>
> I saw that too, but did not add udev-mount to any runlevel.  I guess
> this is a problem only if /usr is on another partition than root, or is
> it going to hit me at a later update?

I don't think that's it. I deliberately tried leaving it out to see what
happened and I lost my Konsoles, but this box has a separate /usr mounted
by initramfs. The udev-mount script mounts /dev, so the problem would
have been caused by a missing device node.

--
Neil Bothwick

Being defeated is a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it
permanent