On 2013-10-21 6:48 AM, Mark David Dumlao <madum...@gmail.com> wrote:
Again. This power is overstated and overtrusted. As for "rip it out at
its roots" he has no ability to do that, only refuse to merge it in
his tree.

Which I believe is a much bigger deal than you seem to think.

But that's only if he bothers to read it. With all the other
stuff he's working on, he signs off less commits than all the other
maintainers do.

<sigh> irrelevant, because I was talking about something that was discovered *after* it was merged... obviously, if something is merged that creates a problem (or loud complaints, or whatever), at *that* point he will certainly take the time to 'read it' and decide if there is anything to it...

The news sites love making a big deal of him flaming this or that
developer or company, but I can't remember that ever stopping anyone
from doing what they wanted.

Lol... really? You don't consider him rejecting a patch, whether or not it is rejected 'nicely' or not - 'stopping' said dev from 'doing what they wanted (ie, get their patch merged)?

Anyway, it really doesn't matter, so no reason to continue this discussion...