Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:

> I haven't used tmux for a while, I tried it and went back to screen, but
> does it really show the titles of all sessions?

On the hardstatus line you see in tmux all sessions
with their numbers and "their" hardstatus line.

[More precisely, you see all windows which in tmux (in contrast to screen)
is a different concept than a session. "Their" hardstatus line means:
Whatever the corresponding shell has set it to]

> Screen only shows the current one.

In tmux the hardstatus line is enabled by default.
In screen you need to enable it.  Of course, I forgot how I did
this many years ago, but I suppose that the following two lines
in my screenrc are responsible:

hardstatus alwayslastline
hardstatus string "%{= kg}%-Lw%{+b gy}%50>%n*%f %t%{-}%+Lw%<"