I start to use genkernel-next from the upgrade to gnome 3.12 with systemd.

I must repeat: with kernel 3.12.13 no problem, with 3.12.2x kernel system block during the ramdisk loading.

I see many discussion about this problem (many without solution again), but nothing to solve.

Gentoo Bugzilla ask to me a dmseg where to see the problem's details, but when the system freeze don't make any dmesg output.

Il 16/07/2014 05:20, taozhijiang ha scritto:
Yes, genkernel-next should be used. look at the install gentoo gnome with systemd from scratch ( Sorry for currently I can not access Internet so can not provide your link) I have test genkernel-next with systemd (needed by GNOME 3.12), all seems OK, with
kernel version 3.15。
But now I am using KDE 4.13 with openRC on ZFS。systemd sometimes makes things
strange, I switched to KDE, all seems well currently.
;-)
2014-07-16
Thanks & Best Regards.
陶治江 | TAO Zhijiang
研发处 | SOHO国际产品线
Tel: 3129
Mobile: 18938910923
Email: taozhijiang@tp-link.{net, com.cn}
*发件人:* Jc_García
*发送时间:* 2014-07-16  05:26:08
*收件人:* gentoo-user
*抄送:*
*主题:* Re: [gentoo-user] kernel bug?
> My /usr partition in on the / partition.
>
> I just use initrd, i've compiled kernel with genkernel.
>
> I'm trying to look row for row if there's some diff.

Are you using genkernel also to generate a the initramfs? for booting
systemd this is not supported by genkernel(tthat's is pointed in the
systemd instalation guide in the wiki), you should be using either
sys-kernel/genkernel-next, or sys-kernel/dracut(this has been the most
widely recommended on this list).