140816 Henrique Lengler wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 02:31:10PM -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
>> I do use Evince as a quick alternative to Okular for PDFs .
> Have you ever tried mupdf or xpdf ?

Thanks for the reminder ! -- I do indeed have Mupdf installed,
but had forgotten all about it : yes, it's quick & easy for simple browsing.
Evince has extra features, eg a side menu, but mb Mupdf is sufficient.

Xpdf was dropped from Gentoo some time ago & had awkward controls :
IIRC there were security concerns & upstream was dead.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca