On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 6:04 AM, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday 18 Aug 2014 09:20:17 Peter Humphrey wrote:
>> On Sunday 17 August 2014 23:09:24 Alan McKinnon wrote:
>> > Take kparts and kioslaves. KDE treats as much as possible as some sort
>> > of plugin that all KDE apps can share. This gives the user a fantastic
>> > degree of abstraction because anything that represents data can be a
>> > kpart. NFS mounts, smb shares, ssh, some weird random new thing - all of
>> > them show up in the file manager. Drag and drop works because of this.
>>
>> ...and I've just noticed these two:
>>
>> [N] kde-misc/akonadi-google (~20131213(4)): Google services integration in
>> Akonadi [N] kde-misc/krunner-googletranslate (~0.1(4)): Krunner plug-in
>> for Google translate service
>>
>> They could turn out to be a magic wand, or conversely give you the
>> colly-wobbles. Has anyone here tried either of them?
>
> A user asked for their Google Calendar to be synchronised with
> Korganizer/Kontact and ISTR I enabled USE="google" in kde-base/kdepim-runtime,
> which I think pulled in kde-misc/akonadi-google.
>
> A few months ago Google were using DAV for this purpose, but they decided to
> change their API.  As a result older =< 4.4.11.1-r2 KDEPIM versions broke and
> one had to move to the current versions of KDEPIM in order to use Google
> Calendar integration.

My problem with KDE and Google is that it seems like it doesn't work
with application-specific passwords - or at least it didn't use to
work with them.  As a result I have to use two-factor login every time
I log into KDE, which is painful enough that I usually just close the
window and have stale data as a result.

Perhaps this has been fixed.

Rich