On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 8:24 AM, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand that Google offers two factor authentication
> (https://www.google.com/landing/2step/#tab=how-it-works) for its services, but
> if you have not signed up for it you only need a single google account passwd
> to login.  KDEWallet/Akonadi saves this when you create the google calendar
> resource and doesn't ask for it again.  Of course, KDEWallet will ask for the
> master passwd, but depending on how you have configured it this would only
> happen once per login session.

I have signed up for it, and therefore KDE needs to either:
1.  Prompt for a 2-factor code on every login and either use the
cached google password or prompt for it as well.
2.  Use a google application-specific password.  This does not require
a 2-factor code and operates fairly simliarly to how things work
without 2-factor.

I just tried re-connecting KDE with Google.  It prompts you to login
via a webpage and authorize the application.  This login screen does
not accept an application-specific password.  I doubt it will persist
beyond a single login, but we'll see...

Rich