On Monday 18 Aug 2014 11:38:58 Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 6:04 AM, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > A few months ago Google were using DAV for this purpose, but they decided
> > to change their API.  As a result older =< 4.4.11.1-r2 KDEPIM versions
> > broke and one had to move to the current versions of KDEPIM in order to
> > use Google Calendar integration.
>
> My problem with KDE and Google is that it seems like it doesn't work
> with application-specific passwords - or at least it didn't use to
> work with them.  As a result I have to use two-factor login every time
> I log into KDE, which is painful enough that I usually just close the
> window and have stale data as a result.
>
> Perhaps this has been fixed.

I understand that Google offers two factor authentication
(https://www.google.com/landing/2step/#tab=how-it-works) for its services, but
if you have not signed up for it you only need a single google account passwd
to login.  KDEWallet/Akonadi saves this when you create the google calendar
resource and doesn't ask for it again.  Of course, KDEWallet will ask for the
master passwd, but depending on how you have configured it this would only
happen once per login session.

--
Regards,
Mick