On 23.04.2015 18:57, james wrote:
> Stefan G. Weichinger <lists <at> xunil.at> writes:
>

>> On 23.04.2015 17:43, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>>
>>> I will see if I get that figured out ... got to get the kernel-options
>>> and dracut modules right.
>>
>> first try started booting but couldn't mount rootfs ... and now the box
>> hangs there and I can't press the power button (only PS/2 attached
>> keyboard/mouse)
>>
>> got to wait for the folks there to come to work tmrw
>

> There are methods to get the console terminal session, remotely.
> One, is called "netconsole" [1]. I use to use this sort of thing
> decades ago. How it is currently supported and the associated codes
> (ssh) to use it remotely, I have not kept up with. Some headless embedded
> system still use this sort of thing; with holes punched in the
> routers/firewalls.....
>
> I've also heard of folks setting up a serial console over serial-2-usb
> converter, like ftdi, and then making a terminal session connection
> form a remote cell phone to another cell phone, to tunnel an ascii
> terminal session. I've never done this, but I'd be really curious how
> somebody makes that sort of 9600 baud terminal connection to a remote
> router or server, via a serial/console port.... using cell phones
> as modems.

Thanks for the hint but for now I have to wait.

When I think about I have to add several kernel-options to menu.lst:

dracut has to assemble /dev/md3 at first (this is the single PV in the
VG VG01)

and /dev/VG01/genroot then is the filesystem with the new gentoo-rootfs

I only added stuff like rd.md=1 etc ... I think I got the assembling
wrong. And maybe even the root= option.

We will see tmrw if I get in early from other jobs.

Stefan