Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 10/07/15 02:34, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> > I tried it [zsh], for exactly 10 seconds. My home/end keys didn't work. This
> > gave me the impression of an unfinished project. Why on earth would
> > anyone release a program after 1990 that doesn't know the home/end keys?
> > :-/
>
> PS:
>
> The "Del" key doesn't work either.

Have a look at the zshwiki [1] on how to bind keys. You might want to give the
zkbd module a try.
For a good out-of-the-box-experience you can try one of the many zsh
configuration frameworks. I used oh-my-zsh for quite a while until I found
prezto [2], which started as a fork of oh-my-zsh but ended up as a complete
rewrite. It feels and looks quite nice. Add "history-substring-search" and
"syntax-highlighting" to the list of modules to load (~/.zpreztorc) to get an
even nicer prompt.
With prezto I could completely skip key-bindings as it seems to manage all the
cases itself pretty well.

[1] http://zshwiki.org/home/zle/bindkeys
[2] https://github.com/sorin-ionescu/prezto