On Thu, 9 Jul 2015 17:07:43 +0100 Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:

> > > Which one? And why is it superior to bash?
> >
> > Don't ask such questions ;-)
> >
> > This is in the same vein as the "emacs vs vim" argument.
>
> True, people persist with Bash and vim, but in the latter case it
> appears to be because they actually like it :-O
>
> Most people use Bash because it is the default and they have never tried
> anything else - just like the situation with most computer users and
> Windows.
>
> I'd been lectured on the wonders of zsh in the past, but it was only when
> I had to learn to use it (I wrote a comparative review of shells) that I
> realised what it offered over Bash as an interactive shell. As a
> scripting language, Bash is probably better, although if I need that
> much functionality in a script I would use Python instead of any shell
> variant.
>
> We now return you to your scheduled programming.

Because of your previous remark, I started to look at zsh.

I have never used any sophisticated features of bash,
so almost no old habits will stand on my way to zsh. :-)

Only the lack of time to read the documentation. :-)

I say "almost no old habits" because I actually have one:
I used to Ctrl-R to search through the command history in bash
and so far I have not figured what will be its equivalent in zsh,
especially if to set its "input mode" to vim-like.

But, probably, it is a question for zsh-use mailing list. :-)